Ingredients for Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Chicken breasts 500 gms (about 17oz) diced
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 1 black cardamom crushed
- I large onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 inch root ginger crushed
- 1can of chopped tomatoes
- 1.5 tbs coriander powder
- 1 tbs cumin powder
- A quarter teaspoon of turmeric
- Chilli powder (as per taste)
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup of water or a bit more
- Garam Marsala (*This is a blend of ground spices…see recipe below)
- Handful of chopped coriander to garnish..
- Heat the oil in the bottom of a deep base pan until it sizzles.
- Add the Bay leaf, cinnamon, clove, and cardamon. Let them sputter around.
- Add the chopped onions and fry till golden brown.
- Then the chicken goes in and you fry it for a couple of minutes until it’s all coated and no longer pink.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, the crushed ginger garlic and all the spices (except for the garam masala).
- You need to fry all of this together till the masala mixture separates from the oil (usually takes about five minutes).
- Add one cup of water, bring to a boil then simmer on low heat for about 20 mins till the chicken is all cooked.
- Towards the last five minutes add the garam masala.
- Finally garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Your chicken is ready, serve with basmati rice or Naan.
- Enjoy your meal.
Garam Marsala (makes 1/2 tsp)
- 1 tblsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp ground corriander
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
*Store any leftover in an airtight container in a cool, dry place
I started Pri’sKitchen slightly over a year ago out of the comfort of my kitchen, cooking and delivering authentic Indian Thalis. Thali is an assortment of different dishes put together as a meal. My Thalis have ten different dishes they start from a starter and end with a pudding and I serve them in stainless Steele platters.
Check out Pri’s website www.priskitchen.co.uk and connect with Pri on her Fb page https://www.facebook.com/PrisKitchen